Monday, October 5, 2015

Field Post 1: Mayfield Middle School

Going into the Mayfield Middle School trip I was very hesitant because I was not interested in being a middle school teacher. I was still excited to be going into the school with the mindset of a future teacher as opposed to a student. When we first got to the school it had a good first impression. I enjoyed talking to the administrators and learning more about what they do. They all seemed very passionate about their jobs and it sparked an interest of potentially looking into being an administrator in the future after teaching for a period of time. The first classroom I went into was a 7th grade social studies class. It was a standard classroom with desks and the walls were decorated. The thing I took away from this class room was that they didn't seem to be having much fun. They were learning and taking notes, but they seemed uninterested. The next room I went into was also a 7th grade social studies class, but it was very different from the first. This one was much louder and very out of control in my opinion. The last classroom I went into was an advanced 7th grade math class. This one seemed to be a great combination of fun, but also productive. The students were learning but didn't seem bored or uninterested. At the end of the visit I think my opinion of middle school teaching changed. Before the visit I didn't want to teach middle school at all, however now I am definitely more open to it. Overall the visit was good and I enjoyed it very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment