Sunday, November 15, 2015

Field Blog: Gearity Elementary School

While I am pretty set on being a high school teacher, I was looking forward to our visit to Gearity. However I was a little disappointed in the visit we had. The school seemed somewhat disorganized and unprepared for our visit. I also was placed in the music room which did not have a class the majority of the time we were at the school. I was hoping that I would at least be placed in a main classroom so I could get a better feel for teaching elementary school. I ended up going into one of the main classrooms to observe and get an idea of what it would be like to teach elementary. I noticed that many of the classrooms had additional classroom aids as opposed to just the main teacher. While I did enjoy our visit, I still think I would enjoy teaching high school more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment