Sunday, December 6, 2015

Field Blog: First Impression at Hathaway Brown

When I was first placed at Hathaway Brown for my independent observations I was very excited. Because I attended a private all girls high school, I knew it would have many similarities and that it would remind me of home. I was looking forward to my observations very much and went into them with an open mind. When I first arrived at HB I was surprised by how large the building was. Their entire property was very nice and as soon as I walked through the door I felt welcome, something that I think is an important quality of schools. One thing I noticed about the girls in the Upper School was that they did not wear uniforms, something I found very interesting for a private school. For my observations I was going to be working with the head of the math department, Michael Buescher. During the weeks that I spent at HB, I observed some of his classes, but was also able to observe many other teachers in the math department and many different classes within the department. Being able to observe many different teachers and view many different teaching styles was very helpful and I was able to learn a lot from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment