Sunday, December 6, 2015

Field Blog: Summative

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at HB. I was thankful to get to know the teachers and I learned a lot. I was able to see a lot of good qualities in each teacher I observed including many of the ones we discussed in class. Many of them were passionate about the subject they were teaching. I could tell that they wanted to be there and cared about their students. I remember as I was leaving one day I overheard a conversation one girl was having with her teacher about how her grandfather had passed away. He was more concerned about how she was then he was about her making up the material she missed. He was very flexible with her catching up on all her work. This to me showed one of the best qualities in teachers and that is how its important to care for them and not always be so worried about the school work all the time. My time at HB also showed me that teaching can come with many unexpected situations and that I will need to be prepared for anything. I also learned that I am going to have to figure out which way I want to teach my students. I will have to see what works best for them and what way they benefit most from. I also learned that I will need to spend more time than I originally thought planning lessons and organizing things for class. At HB I was able to see how every teacher is different, but can still be a great teacher. I was able to observe many different teachers and their different styles of teaching. I was also able to see different ways to engage students in the learning. I definitely feel that my time at HB allowed me to confirm that I want to get my teaching license in AYA and teach math. I am so glad I was able to spend the time I did at HB and thankful for all that I was able to learn from my observations while I was there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment